May 18, 2011

Had a rough night getting comfortable. Is it the full moon or did my back really bother me more. Who’s to know. I’m thinking if I get the lawn mowed today it will be an easy job. It hasn’t rained too much this week and I got the real thick stuff tamed last week. Well, off I go. I grabbed a piece of turkey deli meat from the fridge since we are out of coconuts at the moment. Got a call into the coconut connection and should be seeing some either tonight or tomorrow morning. Yeah! After the lawn mowing, we had some sausage scrambled eggs and toast. To the scrambled eggs we added mushrooms, cheddar cheese and mild green chilies (the canned kind that you can use for chili rellenos). On the toast we had…hmmm how about coconut oil and honey.

Today the AC guy showed up to do the service and replace a couple of motors. Now the house is not too humid and not too hot. Very nice. For lunch we will be having Monchong, zucchini, caprese salad and steamed broccoli with grated cheddar cheese. Got the barbecue started and now it is time to season the fish. I will use olive oil, some mixed herbs for fish (seems to be primarily dill), salt and pepper. I wanted to try something new with the zucchini, so I thought about a little fried squash. I sliced the zucchini in 1/2″ slices, sprinkled with salt and pepper, tossed in egg wash, dipped in Italian Bread crumbs, then lightly fried in coconut oil. It turned out super yummy. I put the fish out on the grill at 350 Fahrenheit for about 12 minutes on the top rack. I didn’t want to over cook it. After letting it rest for 5 minutes, we were ready for lunch.

Worked the rest of the afternoon then enjoyed a nice cheese and cracker snack. We have some nice Maui fillets to fix for dinner tonight, but first a dip in the jacuzzi. Actually I did season the steak with some Montreal steak seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce and dill weed before going out to enjoy the sunset. Let it marinade nicely while I marinade in the jacuzzi. Got the barbecue up and running and cooked the steaks for 3 minutes on each side. It was a perfect medium rare. Since it was a later than normal dinner, I only served up one of the steaks. We’ll save the other one for breakfast. It’s a good thing that I put the second steak away because we would have been tempted to eat it. I served it with Kale salad and some leftover garlic mashed potatoes.

May 19, 2011 - 10:04 am Jen - YUMMY! Glad you got the AC fixed, hate it when the AC doesn't work! Hope you sleep better tonight then last. Love and think I should make Kale salad after reading this.

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *